Monday, August 24, 2009

More Later

Right now, I'm not able to get onto the Internet normally, but can post via email.  So no pictures of the Festival of Quilts yet.  I didn't realise how tired I was, until I was on the train from Birmingham.  Then I collapsed.  I was so pleased to see DH waiting for me at the station  - he was a real star.

It was fun to meet some of Ferret's friends - Sally, Tet, Cy and Nic.  I also enjoyed helping her on her gallery.  My viewpoint was different from Ferret's: it wasn't my work, so there wasn't any personal pride/worry about people's reactions to it.  Funnily, it wasn't until Friday afternoon that anyone asked about me, and then several people did.  My answer, "I'm not a professional quilter, just a slow amateur one".  They liked that: they could relate to it.

Anyway, I'll post properly later, with a fuller description of what I've been up to.

No comments: