Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On turning heels

"I kicked off my shoes and flopped on the sofa next to Gran, who had fallen asleep over a sock she was knitting. It was already a good twelve feet long, because, she said 'she had yet to build up enough courage to turn the heel'."

From "The Well of Lost Plots" by Jasper Fforde.

A very good book from a very enjoyable series. They are impossible to describe, without spoiling the plot, beyond perhaps saying they are to literature what Douglas Adams is to science fiction.

PS Festival of Quilts tomorrow and Friday. Yay! I should have my stripy bag and I'll spend some time at Ferret's stall - E29.

2 comments:

scarletti said...

Excellent quote!

Kate North said...

I recently re-read them, I had forgotten how funny they are. Actually, I think I haven't read the last in the series. Hmmm.